Pages



6.03.2014

hello june 2014


oh it never fails, the longer days and perky sunshine get me super motivated, but then reality kicks in and i've bitten off way more than i can chew. last month was semi-disappointing, boo. my brain was working way faster than my poor body could keep up. so this month there's gonna be a few do-overs:
> the first two weeks of last month i spent a half day at the library and wrote my posts for the upcoming week. it felt awesome, super-duper awesome, to have it all wrapped up and taken care of. then greg was out of town, and i figured with the house being quiet, i'd be able to just get it done at home. haha, nope. sh*t got haphazard. in the back of my head i was super stressed, and i couldn't focus and so i sat, like a lump, on the couch instead. update: so you can totally tell when this didn't happen and i went for 2 whole weeks of no posts, whoops. it did work well when actually implemented though... :/

> if we go waaayyy back to last summer, this was a pretty popular goal for me. but running in the AM and walking to work multiple times in a week was just too much. so 1.5 times a week should be do-able. update: we ended the month with 7 bike rides, woohooo!

> re-do from last month, see couch-blob above. update: i went on a bit of a caffeine fueled cleaning binge, and donated a ton of clothes and other stuff. mission accomplished.

> week 5 day 1 and its running for 5 minutes at a time kinda kicked my butt, w5d2's running for 8 minutes at a time, knocked me flat on my ass....then i just laughed at w5d3's run for 20 minutes straight. ha, no way. so i've gone back to the 8 minute segments and by the end of this week i should be able to *comfortably* {aka still be able to breath and not want to die} finish those and continue on as regularly scheduled. {fingers crossed} either way, you can follow along here. update: meh. i'm back to running 5 minutes at a time, and i've paid attention enough to realize it's my legs pooping out before my lungs. so i've added in a weekly hill run, and riding my bike to work should help make 'em stronger too.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...